Greenhouse gasses are trapping heat and making this planet warmer, And the only major source that can significantly help on an immediate basis are Governments. If you don’t elect a right government today, your future generations may loose the reason to live a happy life.
“Carbon” is shorthand for greenhouse gas emissions, which includes CO2, methane, nitrous oxide and other man made gases. And These gases are released by many different types of activities – not just by burning fossil fuels, like farming, deforestation and even some industrial processes contributes to green house gas emissions. On a larger scale government plays important roles in policy making and sanctions, and tweaking the approach may can change everything.
On policy levels there are certain expectations that we as conscious citizens should have with governments. Please understand why this is so important, Globally, greenhouse gas emissions have grown by 50% from 1990 to date.
Here are the asks:
- Climate Change Awareness Programmes
- Replanning Transportation
- Moving to Renewable Power Grids
- Policy Binding for Businesses
- Recycling Mandate
- Reformation of Agriculture Industry
- Carbon Taxation
- Regulating Meat and Dairy Production
- Supporting Startup and Innovation Centers
We can solve the biggest challenge humanity has ever faced and we can protect our air, water and land for future generations with the help of global leaders and government.
In this Podcast Series of Conscious Citizens, we will learn about the concerning matter of Climate Change. Humanity faces the greatest threat from climate change, and it is important to address this issue as a matter of major concern. We will go through the impact of climate change on Humankind, the solutions that will define our fate, and the technological innovations that can help.
We have our guest Modester Lynn who is working closely towards activism in the environmental sector and volunteered for several environmental organizations like Kenya Organization for Environmental Education and Kenya Environmental Activist Network. Lynn currently holds the role of chairperson for the Kenya Inter-university Environmental Students Association (KIUESA), where she helps facilitate the projects that unify university environmental students in different parts of the country.
Lynn also worked with libertarian organizations such as students for Liberty as a Local Coordinator to promote ideas of liberty as a key enhancer of social justice.
We have addressed the following questions in the episode:
- How does Kenya face both the extremes; Droughts and Floods?
- Do you think that Climate Change is increasing local issues in Kenya, like Malaria?
- What do you think about how Kenya’s poor people are being threatened by Climate Change?
- How effective are the climate policies in Kenya actually?
- Are citizens demanding climate actions from the Government?
- Are common Kenyans welcoming the demand for climate actions on the ground?
- Is Elon Musk of Tesla building life on Mars because of Climate Change?
- What do you think about the Climate Refugee issue in Kenya?
- Can people stop voting for parties that are not considering environmental issues?
- As an activist in Kenya, do you get access to political leaders or local representatives to discuss the issues?
- Is there any campaign called “Save The Soil” in Kenya?
- What are the impacts of Climate Change on Agriculture in Kenya?
- What impact COVID-19 has created on Climate Change and Mitigation?
- What are the reasons and incentives for Kenyans to support Climate Change?
- Do you need to be a Climate Activist to do something about Climate Change?
► The Conscious Citizens Podcast ◄ – https://conscious-citizens.abhilashshukla.com
The Podcast talks about the concerning matter of Climate Change. Climate change is the biggest threat to humans and we will go through the impact of climate change on them, the solutions that will define our fate, and the technological innovations that can help.
► MY INTERESTING READS ◄
🔗 Russian-Ukrainian War 2022 and its impact on Climate Change (A Personal Note) – https://wp.me/p6QFmB-qF
🔗 15 Climate Change Books to read in 2022 – https://wp.me/p6QFmB-fP
🔗 How Blockchain can help fight Climate Change? – https://wp.me/p6QFmB-8U
🔗 Are drones the climate lifeguard? Can it handle Climate Change? – https://wp.me/p6QFmB-8W
► FOLLOW ME ◄
🌏 My website/blog – https://abhilashshukla.com
🤝 LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashshuklaa
🐦 Twitter – https://twitter.com/abhilashshuklaa
📸 Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/abhilashshuklaa
► WHO AM I ◄
I’m Abhilash, a Climate Enthusiast, a podcaster, and a technocrat. My key interest areas are about building a 🌱 sustainable world with technology. You will see me speaking about Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, the Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, and Digital Transformations.
I write a weekly email newsletter that contains some quick thoughts + links to interesting things (https://abhilashshukla.com).
► GET IN TOUCH ◄
You can reach me by tweeting me directly https://twitter.com/abhilashshuklaa, however, if your question is very detailed, please contact me by email at https://abhilashshukla.com
► DISCLAIMER ◄
Information provided in the podcast is a general guide from a personal perspective and does not constitute legal or authoritative advice; the statistics and regulations referred to in the podcast are sourced from the public information bureau and are subject to change with time. It is the viewer’s responsibility to verify the currency of information.
A Good Question to follow on Reddit
► DISCLAIMER ◄
Information provided in the podcast are of a general guide from a personal perspective and do not constitute legal or authoritative advice; the statistics and regulations referred in the podcast is sourced from public information bureau and is subject to change with time. It is the viewers responsibility to verify the currency of information.